“Damage Free” Guarantee
Logistics Decisions will make every attempt to ensure your freight is delivered to the consignor “damage-free”.
In the event that freight is lost, damaged or destroyed while under the care and control of Logistics Decisions, its Carriers and/or Agents, the freight will be returned to the point of origin at no charge to you. In this instance, the freight charges will be billed and then the full amount will be recovered as part of the claims process.
This guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
- Claims: All claims for our “Damage Free” guarantee program must be made immediately upon delivery. Any claims not filed at time of delivery will not be eligible for “no charge” return to origin. Standard liability rules only will apply.
- Liability: The amount of any loss or damage shall not exceed $2.00 per pound (based on the actual weight of the shipment) unless a higher value is declared on the face of the Bill of Lading by the consignor and has been acknowledged and accepted by Logistics Decisions.
- Proof of Delivery: In no event shall Logistics Decisions be liable to the consignor, consignee, owner or third party for any loss, damage or destruction of the goods where the consignor/owner has signed a Proof of Delivery indicating that the goods have been received in good order.
- Force Majeure: Logistics Decisions shall not be liable for loss, damage or destruction to any goods caused by an act of God, public enemies, riots, strikes, a defect or inherent vice in the goods, the act or default of the consignor, owner or consignee, authority of law, quarantine or any other situation beyond our control.
- Exclusion of Consequential Damages: In no event shall Logistics Decisions be liable to the customer, owner, consignor, consignee or any third party interested in the goods for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential losses or damages including, but not limited to, loss of profits, downtime costs, delay costs arising out of or in any way related to the loss, damage or destruction of the goods, however caused.
If you have any questions concerning our guarantee please feel free to contact us.